- Associate Professor in Chemistry and Environment at Polytechnique of Thies since October 2015
- Coordinator of SCARE (Sanitation and Climate change: Assessing Resilience and Emissions) project. The project runs from June 2021 to June 2022
Areas of Interest: Bioleaching, Bioenergy, Biomasse, Bioengineering, Bioprocesses, Chemical Engineering, Biofuel, Green Chemistry, Wastewater Treatment, Solid Waste Treatment and Valorization, Sanitation and Climate Change, Green Technologies…
Polytechnic School of Thies (EPT)
- General Chemistry, Tronc Commun 1, 2015 – 2022.
- Chemistry for Engineers, Tronc Commun 1, 2015 – 2022.
- Wastewater treatment techniques, DIC3 (master 2), 2015 – 2022.
Higher Polytechnic School of Dakar (ESP)
- Industrial Microbiology, DIT1 (Master 1), 2014 – 2022.
- Food Microbiology, DIT1 (Master1), 2016 – 2018
Ibader Thiam University of Thies (UIDT)
- Liquid waste treatment and valorisation, Master2, 2022
- Baba Ngom, Sanitation and Climate change: Assessing Resilience and Emissions, 1st sustainable Development and Entrepreneurship Symposium, Jan. 21 – 22, Thies-Senegal
- Baba Ngom, Yi Liu, Huaqun Yin, Yili Liang, Xueduan Liu, Guanzhou Qiu. Isolation and identification of a mesophilic iron leaching bacteria from a Zambia’s AMD. 19th International Biohydrometallurgy Symposium (IBS2011), Sept. 18-22, Changsha, China, pp. 782-788.
- Baba Ngom, Mouhamadou Thiam, Mame Faty Mbaye, Moussa Sow, Khadim Hann, Mamadou Wade. Design and Realization of a UV-C Based Disinfection Tools Monitored by Mobile Application Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 2022, 12(1), 155 – 163, https://doi.org/10.4236/ojapps.2022.121011
- Sakhel Ndong, Baba Ngom, Saidou Ndao, Alioune Ly, Saliou Ngom, Séni Tamba. Contribution to the Hydrochemical Study of Groundwater from the Continental Terminal in Saloum, Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 2022, 14, 51-71, https://doi.org/10.4236/jwarp.2022.142004
- Fatou MBAYE, Alassane DIENE, Baba NGOM, Mouhamadou THIAM, Mamadou WADE. Biogas Production from Fish Waste and Filao Litter, Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2021, 8(11):1-12, https://jsaer.com/archive/volume-8-issue-11-2021/
- Alioune Ly, Diadioly Gassama, Baba Ngom, Famara Seydi Ba, Séni Tamba. Study and Proposal for a Hyperfluorinated Brackish Water Treatment System in the Fatick Region, Case of Diouroup (Senegal), American Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 2021, 12, 392-407, https://doi.org/10.4236/ajac.2021.1211024
- Seynabou Mbengue, Alassane Diene, Baba Ngom, Mouhamadou Thiam, and Mamadou Wade. Experimental determination and modeling of desorption isotherms and isosteric heat of onion International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies 2021; 34(3): 681-689, http://ijias.issr-journals.org/abstract.php?article=IJIAS-21-288-05
- Malick Bathily, Baba Ngom, Diadioly Gassama, Seni Tamba. Review on Essential Oils and Their Corrosion-inhibiting Properties, American Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2021, 9(3): 65-73
- Mame Faty Mbaye, Ngor Sarr, Baba Ngom. Construction of Control Charts for Monitoring Various Parameters Related to the Management of the COVID-19 Pandemic Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, 2021, 9, 9-19 https://doi.org/10.4236/jbm.2021.93002
- Seynabou MBENGUE, Alassane DIENE, Baba NGOM, Fatou MBAYE, Mamadou WADE. Experimental Determination of Desorption Isotherms and Isosteric Heat of Smoked Sardinella, Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2020, 7(3):158-165, http://jsaer.com/download/vol-7-iss-3-2020/JSAER2020-7-3-158-165.pdf
- Ndiouga Camara, Ibrahima Mbaye, Baba Ngom, Déthié Sarr, Séni Tamba. Evolution and Prospect of Dakar Drinking Water Consumption, Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 2019, 11, 886-895, https://doi.org/10.4236/jwarp.2019.117054
- Hamath SENE, Baba NGOM, Diadioly GASSAMA, Séni TAMBA. Contribution to the Physico-Chemical Study of Groundwater in Senegal’s Groundnut Basin, Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2019, 6(11):22-29, http://jsaer.com/download/vol-6-iss-11-2019/JSAER2019-6-11-22-29.pdf
- Baba Ngom, Yi Liu, Huaqun Yin, Yili Liang, Xueduan Liu. Use of an acidophilic yeast strain to enable the growth of leaching bacteria on solid media. Archives of Microbiology, 2015, 197(2):339-346, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00203-014-1051-6
- Baba Ngom, Yili Liang, and Xueduan Liu. Cross-Comparison of Leaching Strains Isolated from Two Different Regions: Chambishi and Dexing Copper Mines. BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, Article ID 787034, 11 pages, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/787034
- Jialin Sun, Baba Ngom, Yi Liu, Huaqun Yin, Yili Liang, Xueduan Liu, Jinghe Zhu. Comparison of indigenous and exogenous mesophilic bacteria for the bioleaching of low grade copper ores. Advanced Materials Research, 2013, 825: 58-61. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.825.58
- Qi Hu, Xueling Wu, Ying Jiang, Yuandong Liu, Yili Liang, Xueduan Liu, Huaqun Yin, Baba Ngom. Differential Gene Expression and Bioinformatics Analysis of Copper Resistance Gene afe _1073 in Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans. Biological Trace Element Research, 2013, 152(1):91-97. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12011-012-9589-0
- Yi Liu, Huaqun Yin, Yili Liang, Li Shen, Yao Liu, Xian Fu, Baba Ngom, Weimin Zeng, Guanzhou Qiu, Xueduan Liu. Changes in the composition of an acid mine drainage microbial community upon successive transfers in medium containing low-grade copper sulfide. Bioresource technology, 2011, 102(20):9388-94.
- Yi Liu, Huaqun Yin, Tao Han, Yao Liu, Baba Ngom, Guanzhou Qiu, Xueduan Liu. The effect of the introduction of exogenous strain Acidithiobacillus thiooxidans A01 on functional gene expression, structure and function of indigenous consortium during pyrite bioleaching. Bioresource Technology, 2011, 102(17):8092-8098. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.ajac.20210903.12
PhD students (co)-supervised
- Fatou MBAYE, Energy valorisation of organic solid waste, Polytechnic School of Thies, (in progress)
Master Students (co)-supervised
- Mamadou Matar Dramé, GHG emissions assessment of onsite sanitation systems in Kaolack, Polytechnic School of Thies (in progress).
- Rose Dianga TINE, GHG emissions assessment of onsite sanitation systems in Tivaouane, Polytechnic School of Thies (In progress).
- Abdou THIALAW, Gas station wastewater treatment and reuse study Polytechnic School of Thies (In progress).
- Bineta NIOME, Energetic valorisation of poultry waste, Polytechnic School of Thies (Completed in 2022)
- Israphil Soungalo Gaël SANOU, Material recovery from municipal solid waste in Thies, Polytechnic School of Thies (Completed in 2022)
- Moussa SOW, Design and Realization of a UV-C Based Disinfection Tools Monitored by Mobile Application, Polytechnic School of Thies (Completed in 2021).
- Khadidiatou Hathie, Impact study of uncontrolled solid waste dumpsite into groundwater quality, Polytechnic School of Thies (Completed in 2020).
- Aimé DIATTA, Wastewater characterizatio: Inhabitant Equivalent assessment in Senegal,Polytechnic School of Thies (Completed in 2020)
- Fatoumata Diagne DIAMANKA, Wastewater network designing and sizing in the district of Parcelles Assainies of Thies, Polytechnic School of Thies (Completed in 2020).